This floor beef casserole recipe is tremendous straightforward to throw collectively and feeds a crowd! It is comforting and makes use of easy ingredients.
This tacky beef and pasta casserole is certain to be successful with the kiddos. It is also actually simply adaptable based mostly on what you’ve got bought within the fridge/pantry/and many others. You would even throw in some further veggies if you’d like.
I wasn’t certain whether or not to name this a casserole or floor beef pasta bake or what. Mainly, you simply boil up some penne, and whereas that is cooking, you make a fast tomato and meat sauce. You then toss it collectively in a 9x13 dish, high it with cheese, and bake. Simple peasy.
Hamburger pasta casserole recipe notes & ideas:
- Haven’t got marinara sauce? Any jarred tomato-based pasta sauce will work or use an identical quantity of tomato sauce or perhaps a combo of tomato merchandise akin to diced tomatoes and tomato paste or crushed tomatoes (I would then add in a little bit of Italian seasoning or different herbs for extra taste). This recipe undoubtedly will be tailored based mostly on what’s in your pantry.
- You’ll be able to substitute the penne with no matter pasta you’ve got available (and even use egg noodles as some casseroles do). I like to recommend barely undercooking any pasta/noodles so it does not go mushy within the oven.
- The ingredient portions should not be precise. A bit kind of beef will probably be completely fantastic. Need to add extra sauce? Go forward. Identical with the cheese. 🙂
- If you wish to put a Tex-Mex spin on this recipe, add in some beans, taco spices, and use a Tex-Mex cheese mix.
- 1 pound raw penne
- half medium onion chopped
- 1 pound extra-lean floor beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1.5 cups marinara sauce
- Salt & pepper to style
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat your oven to 400F and transfer the rack to the center place. Grease a 9x13 baking dish (I exploit Pam spray).
Boil a big, salted pot of water for the penne. Cook dinner it for 10 minutes (it ought to be barely underdone so it does not get mushy).
Add the oil, beef, and onion to a skillet. Sauté over medium-high warmth, breaking the meat up as you go alongside, for 10 minutes. As soon as it will get going, stir within the garlic. Spoon out extra fat if wanted.
Stir within the marinara sauce and heat by means of. Give it a style and season with salt & pepper as wanted.
Drain the pasta and pour it into the baking dish. Pour the meat combination over high after which toss till it is mixed with the pasta. Prime with a fair layer of the cheese. If you would like it further tacky, you may stir in an extra half cup of cheese previous to topping it with the remainder of the cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes, uncovered till the cheese is properly melted. I then broil it for a couple of minutes (non-compulsory) to brown the cheese up a bit. Serve instantly.
- This can be a very versatile recipe the place additions/substitutions/and many others. are fantastic. I’ve some ideas throughout the weblog publish.
- Dietary info is supplied as a courtesy solely and ought to be construed as an estimate somewhat than a assure. Ingredients can differ and Salt & Lavender makes no ensures to the accuracy of this info.